With reference to the above we will normally recommend servicing a gas fire or boiler when issuing a Landlord certificate unless the appliance has recently been commissioned or the landlord can show a recent service record. This requirement by us is to protect both tenant and landlord as well as our own reputation. Ensuring peace of mind for all concerned.
The Safety inspection will list:
The following checks will be carried out to ensure the appliance is safe:
- The date the appliance or flue was examined and the address where the appliance is installed.
- The landlords details (name, address and, where necessary managing agents details)
- Description and location of the appliance or flue.
- Recognition of and recording of any defects.
- The name and signature of the gas operative and the CORGI registration number of the engineer.
- Appliance operating pressure or heat input, or where necessary both
- Correct operation of safety devices
- Ensure adequate ventilation is available where required
- Visual examination of the flue system
- Where applicable, results of a flue flow test
- Where applicable, results of a spillage test
- Ensure flue termination is satisfactory
- The appliance is safe to use
All safety certificates are completed electronically and we email them through to you the Landlord and also to the tenants, you can then forward this to Estate agents or property management companies without the need for photocopying and postage.
You benefit from receiving the original therefore it can be forwarded by email.
All certificates are completed and sent the same day from our engineers mobile handset, landlords who do not live locally find this method very helpful.